Sunday, May 3, 2015

What is RSA? And why do we need it?

A Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA – SITHFAB201) certificate is required for any person who is going into the liquor industry in Australia.  If you want to work in a liquor licensed premises where you will be selling, supplying, or serving alcoholic beverages you must have successfully completed your RSA training.

RSA is mandatory training in Australia
All state and territory Licensing Authorities in Australia require that any person who works with liquor must have an RSA certificate.  Otherwise, the licensee of the premises will be in breach of the Liquor Control Act and may be fined or other hefty penalties imposed.

Hospitality Alliance Training, the training portal for Clubs WA, is a national leader in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training, and is an authorised training provider of relevant state departments for Racing, Gaming, and Liquor. 

So, how can you get your RSA certificate?

You can obtain your RSA online or via distance learning through Hospitality Alliance Training’s website:

You can complete your training at your own pace - it’s cheap, it’s convenient, and you will become qualified to serve alcohol responsibly in no time!  In addition, the certificate through Hospitality Alliance Training is industry preferred as it provides you with good learning outcomes to ensure compliance with licensing regulations.

For more information on RSA you can watch our Training Manager, Bob Shanks, on YouTube:, or give us a call on 1300 640 616.

No comments: